It’s that time of year again: The Brewers Association has released its annual list of the Top 50 Craft Breweries in 2017, which ranks America’s top craft breweries by sales volume. For the second year in a row, the established powerhouses of Schell’s, Summit, and Surly repped Minnesota on the list.
New Ulm craft beer mainstay August Schell Brewing held its spot from the 2016 ranking at number 24.
Surly Brewing Co. jumped up seven spots from last year’s ranking, from number 46 to number 39.
All of the breweries that fell into the top 10 stayed consistent with 2016’s list, with a few swaps in ranking. Here are 2017’s top 10 largest craft breweries in the country:
- D. G. Yuengling & Son, Inc. – Pottsville, PA
- Boston Beer Co. (Samuel Adams) – Boston, MA
- Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. – Chico, CA
- New Belgium Brewing Co. – Fort Collins, CO
- Duvel Moortgat – Paso Robles, CA/Kansas City, MO/Cooperstown, NY
- Gambrinus – San Antonio, TX/Berkeley, CA/Portland, OR
- Bell’s Brewery, Inc. – Comstock, MI
- Stone Brewing Co. – Escondido, CA
- CANarchy (previously Oskar Blues Brewing Holding Co.) – Longmont, CO/Tampa, FL/Salt Lake City, UT/Comstock Park, MI
- Deschutes Brewery – Bend, OR
For the full list of the top craft breweries, view the map below. Or visit the Brewers Association’s website to see how America’s craft breweries stack up in the Top 50 Overall Brewing Companies, which ranks both craft and non-craft brewers.