Account Executive – Advertising & Sponsorships
Gray Duck Media is an independent publishing house based in Saint Paul, Minnesota, producing high quality events such as The Beer Dabbler, publications such as The Growler Magazine, and providing integrated marketing for clients. We engage the communities we serve by sharing experiences and programming from new and interesting perspectives.
We are currently looking to hire an Account Executive to join our sales team. This self-motivated and outgoing individual will assist in the growth of the business by implementing established sales plans for Gray Duck Media publications and events. This individual will be charged with strengthening client relationships, developing the sales program through use of best practices, and coordinating with the sales team to achieve goals.
The company’s roots are in hosting The Beer Dabbler series of craft beer festivals, which started in 2008. Since then the company has grown to host other exciting events, such as Rummage, as well as produce specialty events for clients. In 2012, the company launched The Growler, a print and online magazine publishing original content across a wide range of topics that appeal to those with an appreciation for the craftier side of life, including food, travel, the sporting life, music, arts, and of course our favorite fermented beverages. In 2018, Gray Duck Media published the official Twin Cities Pride Guide for Twin Cities Pride.
Your work as an Account Executive would include:
- Maintaining current relationships, prospecting and developing new business partnerships to meet sales and engagement goals
- Making daily sales calls to new prospects, current advertisers, and sponsors
- Reporting sales activity on new and existing clients in regular sales meetings
- Actively and successfully managing the sales process from beginning to end, including lead generation, pitching/presenting, closing, relationship management, and event sponsorship support
- Manage space reservations and ad material submissions for assigned accounts on a monthly basis
- Maintain CRM account database and advertising production details
- Grow and maintain business in print publications and online channels
- Secure event sponsors and coordinate vendor booths for events
- Craft proposals for event and advertising partnerships
- Keep up to date with relevant industries and identify new areas for potential growth in select categories
- Focus on growing our list of national advertisers, sponsors and prospects
- 5+ years of proven sales experience
- Sales planning skills and ability to meet and exceed sales goals
- Strong negotiation and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills
- Ability to problem solve and develop effective solutions
- History of successful relationship building and maintenance
- Process management and organization
- Proficiency in developing and managing budgets
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- BA/BS or higher in Business Communication, Business Management, Marketing, Publishing, or similar
- Experience with advanced CRM software and Google Suite products
- Independent sales representative or Account Executive experience
- Experience in the publishing and/or advertising industry
- Familiarity and interest in the “craft beer lifestyle”
Salary, commission and benefits negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
Submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by October 15