The Growler is hiring for the following position:
Advertising Sales Account Executive
The Growler is a monthly print and online magazine publishing original content across a wide range of topics that appeal to those with an appreciation for the craftier side of life, including food, travel, the sporting life, music, arts, and of course our favorite fermented beverages. The print publication started in June of 2012 as a bi-monthly magazine distributed free in the Twin Cities and has since grown into a monthly magazine.
The Beer Dabbler exists to support the craft beer community. Our roots are in the business of hosting beer festivals, since 2008, and has grown to host other new and exciting events. Beer Dabbler events happen 3 times each year at unique venues around Minneapolis/St. Paul; providing live music, food, and of course a comprehensive selection of craft beer to sample.
We are currently looking to hire an Advertising Sales Account Executive. This self-motivated and outgoing individual will assist in the growth of the business each issue cycle by implementing local, regional, and national sales plans. This individual will be charged with strengthening client relationships, developing the sales program through use of best practices, and coordinating sales goals and long term goals with the magazine’s publishing team. Account Executive will be tasked with selling event sponsorships at Beer Dabbler festivals and other events produced within the organization.
Your work as an Advertising Sales Executive would include:
- Maintaining current relationships, prospecting and developing new business partnerships to meet sales and engagement goals
- Making daily sales calls to new prospects and current advertisers
- Reporting sales activity on new, and existing clients in regular sales meetings
- Actively and successfully managing the sales process from beginning to end including lead generation, pitching/presenting, closing, and relationship management.
- Manage account ad cycle reservations and ad material submissions monthly
- Grow and maintain business in the print publication, online, and in social media
- Secure event sponsors and coordinate vendor booths for events
- Craft proposals for event and advertising partnerships
- Keep up to date on the industry and identify new areas for potential growth
- Focus on growing our list of national advertisers, sponsors and prospects
- 5+ years of proven sales experience
- Sales planning skills and ability to meet and exceed sales goals
- Strong negotiation and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills
- Ability to problem solve and develop effective solutions
- Relationship building and maintenance
- Process management and organization
- Publishing industry knowledge
- Proficiency in developing and managing budgets
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- BA/BS or higher in Business Communication, Business Management, Marketing, Publishing, or similar CRM software experience
- Independent sales representative or Account Executive experience
- Experience in the publishing and/or advertising industry
- Familiarity and interest in the “craft beer lifestyle”
Salary and benefits negotiable based on experience and qualifications. No relocation assistance.
Submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with subject line “Application for Advertising Account Executive Position.”