Here’s where the alumni will gather to watch this year’s March Madness games in the Twin Cities:
Thursday, March 16
(5) Notre Dame vs (12) Princeton, 11am
Crooked Pint Ale House, Downtown Minneapolis is where the Fightin’ Irish faithful might want to take their lunch break.
(5) Minnesota vs (12) Middle Tennessee St., 3pm
Every bar! But more likely, live streaming from your computer at work.
(1) Villanova vs. Mount St. Mary’s, 6:10pm
The Loop West End will host Wildcat fans with game day specials, along with their regular happy hour from 2-6pm. They’ve also seen contingencies of Illinois, Iowa State, and Purdue fans congregate there in recent months.
(4) Purdue vs. (13) Vermont, 6:27pm
There have been some Boilermaker game watches at the Buffalo Wild Wings Southdale this season, but no word yet on if they’re gathering for their first rounder against the Catamounts.
(8) Wisconsin vs. (9) Virginia Tech, 8:40pm
508 Bar + Restaurant goes crazy for the Badgers. They’ll have cheap taps and rails, and just for Sconnie games, they add brats and cheese curds to the menu. Also check out Tailgate Sports Cafe on South Nicollet, for specials on Miller, bloodies, cheese curds and nachos.
(15) North Dakota vs. (2) Arizona, 8:50pm
The first Big Dance at the Division I level is a huge deal for the Fighting Hawks of Grand Forks. They’ll play the first-round showdown with Pac12 champs Arizona on the gigantic screen at The Pourhouse.
(2) Arizona vs. (15) North Dakota, 8:50pm
And if you’re rooting for the Wildcats instead, you’ll find like minds at The Office Pub and Grill.
(5) Iowa State vs. (12) Nevada, 9pm
Joe Senser’s Bloomington is a hub for Iowa State alums. You’ll also find the Cyclones twisting into Uptown Tavern, where there will also be cheap beer during the Wild game on Thursday.
Friday, March 17
(7) Michigan vs. (10) Oklahoma State, 11:15am
Jackson’s Hole will be serving cheep bloodies and rails to the Maize and Blue.
(1) Kansas vs. Playoff winner of NCC/UCD, 5:50pm
Tiffany’s Sports Lounge is the only place to Rock, Chalk, Jayhawk.