- 1 pound skirt steak
- 2 tablespoons white anchovy, chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Salt and grapeseed oil for frying
In a pan, slowly sauté the onions and garlic in grapeseed oil with a pinch of salt. Once they become translucent, add the anchovy and capers and gently sauté for two more minutes.
Remove the contents of the pan and place into a mixing bowl. Add the olive oil and sherry vinegar to the bowl and taste for salt level.
Next, season the steak with salt and pan sear until it’s cooked medium.
Once cooked, let the steak rest for about 10 minutes and then slice it against the grain in thin slices.
Add the steak to the marinade and let it sit for about 15 minutes. Taste for seasoning and adjust as necessary.
Slice open the fry bread buns and fill with the marinated steak.
Serve and enjoy!