Finding a decent beer at an airport can often be a challenge. Most airport tap towers are dominated by macro lagers and the “crafty” side of craft beer. While MSP was by no means a craft wasteland with outposts from Rock Bottom, O’Gara’s, and French Meadow, it’s getting a big boost this week with the grand opening of Stone Arch, a restaurant and bar in the former Chili’s location in Terminal 1.
Opened in partnership with the Minnesota Craft Brewer’s Guild, Stone Arch will serve scratch food and a wide variety of Minnesota craft beers, including beers that will launch exclusively at the restaurant.
One of the more unique elements of Stone Arch is the “Craft Lab,” which includes a specific area of the bar (shown below) and is made up of five rotating taps dedicated to Minnesota Craft Brewer’s Guild members who want to show off something unique, test out a new recipe, or simply showcase their beer to a broader audience than they may be able to at their taproom or through limited distribution. Breweries who have a beer on tap at the Craft Lab will sign up to have a brewer or other representative present for four hours during the week their beer is on to help showcase the beer and engage with diners.
For the grand opening, the Craft Lab beers will include:
- Indeed Brewing Stone Arch Radler – Shandy with aroma of cherry, lemon, and hibiscus with a crisp and lively finish. 5.4% ABV, 40 IBU.
- 56 Brewing Flight Crew Cold Press IPA – Floral and tropical IPA blended with Columbian and Ethiopian coffee from Big Watt. 6.8% ABV, 65 IBU.
- South Fork Brewing Business Class IPA – IPA brewed with honey & lavender.
- Modist Brewing Leg Room – A hazy New England-style IPA. 7% ABV, 88 IBU.
- Insight Brewing Double Dry-Hopped IPA – IPA with notes of grapefruit and tropical fruit. 7% ABV, 85 IBU.
Stone Arch will be holding a grand opening party on Nov. 16 from 4-6pm. Ian Rans, local personality and host of “Drinking with Ian,” will host the night and conduct live interviews with the brewers behind the first round of Craft Lab beers. One member of the public in attendance will also win a Minnesota Craft Brewer’s Guild yearlong prize pack.
See more photos of Stone Arch and peruse their beer list and food menu: